Comments on Manifesto!

Guna Prasaad

Apr 4, 2013, 11:40:06 AM4/4/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I had said, I am attaching the manifesto in the other thread and I forgot to! But, I thought why not have a small discussion on your views and comments on the manifesto and hence this new thread! Hope I am not spamming you people.

@sushant : add yours too here!

final_manifesto.pdf

Mayank Singhal

Apr 4, 2013, 6:37:01 PM4/4/13
to wncc_iitb
Couple of questions (you will probably not have an answer to them, but you can ask around in case you are interested):
  1. Is there a way for alumni to contribute to WnCC financially through Alum Programme?
  2. What are the limitations, if there are any plans, for a WnCC lounge to exist?

Mayank Singhal

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Guna Prasaad <guna...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had said, I am attaching the manifesto in the other thread and I forgot to! But, I thought why not have a small discussion on your views and comments on the manifesto and hence this new thread! Hope I am not spamming you people.

@sushant : add yours too here!

The website for the club is http://stab-iitb.org/wncc

sushant hiray

Apr 5, 2013, 12:38:55 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Here is my manifesto!

@Mayank: We will surely discuss about your concerns and come back to you!
Regarding WnCC Lounge, well we were also feeling the need for the same! Would help in social interaction and informal discussions.
Lets start discussing the possibility of having one :)

Sushant Hiray | Junior Undergraduate | Computer Science & Engineering |  Coordinator, MnP | IIT Bombay

Manifesto.pdf

Anil

Apr 5, 2013, 3:56:33 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Both the manifesto's are really good (a bit more on the ambitious side)

@Mayank : Space is currently a big problem.
There is no space in SAC and the only major hub for WnCC is NSL.

As you guys plan to start in-sem projects, you need to think of some space where people can actually meet and code. Going to NSL everytime is not an ideal option. I would suggest probably use one of the hostel's tech room - add wifi , get some decent seating and should be good to use.

Guna Prasaad

Apr 5, 2013, 4:01:54 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
@Anil, we are getting a room for STAB in SAC this time. We can use that, but even then I'll try to take this proposal forward to get something dedicated to WnCC.
regards,
Guna Prasaad

Manish Goregaokar

Apr 5, 2013, 4:35:14 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
The problem with NSL is that Non-CS folks aren't allowed in it unless there is an event. Other department comp rooms are many times closed at night or not open to outsiders. Hostels have lan ban. Having a place for coders to sit and collaborate 24/7 -- a room with wifi and a few desktops would be great!

-Manish Goregaokar

sushant hiray

Apr 5, 2013, 4:48:46 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
@Anil:
The problem in installing WiFi in some Tech Room is that SysAd don't allow WiFi, primarily because the range of the WiFi is bound to cover some of the hostel wings. At least that is the case for H3. I am not sure about other hostels but this will be the case even in other hostels unless the room is pretty isolated from the dorm rooms.

Though we will try to push in for a room in SAC apart from the STAB room.

Sushant Hiray | Junior Undergraduate | Computer Science & Engineering |  Coordinator, MnP | IIT Bombay

Manish Goregaokar

Apr 5, 2013, 5:05:49 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Good point about the wings.  I think the H5 comp room is well removed from the wings (enough for wifi to not reach), though, so that may be worth a try. However, it is biometrically locked and I don't know if H5 will allow random people to come in.

Slightly off topic: Anyone know what's happening to IITB-Wireless these days? The routers seem to like flashing red and I'm only able to get intermittent connections. This used to happen in the past as well, but it's more frequent now. IITB Wireless really needs a good look-see.

-Manish Goregaokar

"Nivvedan (நிவேதன்)"

Apr 5, 2013, 5:32:22 AM4/5/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
The biometric lock was a big joke. Personally, I don't want to use biometrics, so, I just push the door with a little more effort and it opens :D (I think it's even broken right now. I'm the happiest person on earth!)

However, Hostel policy disallows non-H5 junta from using the Comp room. So, I guess that settles the issue.

வெள்ளி 05 ஏப்ரல் 2013 02:35 மாலை-ல், Manish Goregaokar எழுதினார்:
--
This email is digitally signed with 0xCC5D8741. If you don't use a PGP/MIME compatible e-mail client, the attached signature file can be used to verify the integrity of this communication

Did you know that your email provider could be snooping on you? Protect Yourself! Encrypt your communications.
Encrypt all your further emails to me with 0xCC5D8741
signature.asc