Setting up proxydroid in Akash Tablet

SUB#

Jul 16, 2013, 2:34:16 PM7/16/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I believe the Akash Tablet given to us are already in rooted state. Did any one tried proxydroid in got it working. For me it does not seem to work. Could you please tell me the way to make it work?

Anil Shanbhag

Jul 17, 2013, 2:47:22 AM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
No the Akash tablet is not rooted, you need to root it first

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM, SUB# <subhash...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I believe the Akash Tablet given to us are already in rooted state. Did any one tried proxydroid in got it working. For me it does not seem to work. Could you please tell me the way to make it work?

The website for the club is http://stab-iitb.org/wncc

Anil Shanbhag

Rakesh Ranjan Nayak

Jul 17, 2013, 5:36:21 AM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I tried proxydroid in aakash tablet last semester. It worked perfectly well.

SUB#

Jul 17, 2013, 7:25:27 AM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
@Rakesh Have you got it working rt after installation or did you do anything else. I have a Galaxy tab for which I have used a app called superuser which  manages granting and revoking root permission to other apps. But in Akash it doesnt seem to work.

SUB#.............*In La'kech - I Am Another Yourself!*

Sandy Pati

Jul 17, 2013, 6:43:47 AM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
currently akash tablet is rooted.. and proxydroid works fine for apps who want internet behind proxy...

Saket Choudhary

Jul 17, 2013, 6:06:54 AM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

On 17-Jul-2013, at 12:17 PM, Anil Shanbhag <anilas...@gmail.com> wrote:

No the Akash tablet is not rooted, you need to root it first

I think it is. And proxydroid works too.

Anil Shanbhag

Jul 17, 2013, 12:22:41 PM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I dont remember seeing the superuser app in Aakash. When you root your phone, usually that adds the superuser app used to control which apps are getting root permissions.

Rakesh Ranjan Nayak

Jul 17, 2013, 2:43:31 PM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
SUB# I got it working after installation. I think aakash is rooted.

SUB#

Jul 17, 2013, 2:57:26 PM7/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Yes...the proxydroid is working fine now, without any other app or change of settings. No idea why it din work before. Thank you all for replying.

Praveen Kumar Pendyala

Jul 25, 2013, 10:31:29 PM7/25/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

I don't think it comes rooted. Atleast the one I tried didn't. Let's just say it does come rooted and proxyDroid isn't working, try autoproxy. I have noticed it quite often that only one of these two happen to work. Never bothered as both worked for me always.

Sent from my Nexus 10