Re: [WnCC] Compiler which can automatically parallelize a program.

Susmit Saraswat

Nov 20, 2012, 7:34:10 AM11/20/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Visual Studio 2012 has a lot of parallelization support. Take a look at Jim Radigan's lecture on Channel9, where he talks about the autovectorization support in VS2012. It also comes with a Parallel Patterns Library, which is a pretty sweet deal. And then there's C++ AMP, which allows you to leverage GPU computing. There's also support for OpenMP.

I realize the latter three are not really relevant to your goal of automatic parallelization, but they should tell you how easy it is to grow out of automatic parallelism and embrace the power of explicit parallelism :)

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM, ishutesh <ishu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I stumble upon some web pages which seem to suggest the existence of compilers which can search your simple source code and parallelize it automatically (i.e. you don't have to write a code for running it in parallel) so that one can have faster results. see these:

https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/parallel_comp/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_parallelization

Does anyone know/have such compilers which can do this with C code??

Thanks and regards
Ishutesh

The website for the club is http://stab-iitb.org/wncc