Application for MIT Media Lab Workshop

Sushant

Dec 16, 2013, 3:52:08 AM12/16/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

MIT Media Lab is organizing a workshop in IIT Bombay in the last week of Jan 2014 (25 Jan to 1 Feb). The workshop aims to develop various prototypes to solve different problems existing in the field of 'health care' etc. by using inter disciplinary knowledge. For more information, visit http://india.media.mit.edu/.

It will be a week long hackathon with a focus on hardware prototypes. Possibly the first of its kind to be held here at IIT Bombay.

We will be selecting 10-15 students for the workshop who will be developing prototypes for low cost high-tech gadgets beneficial for hospitals. Moreover, mentors from MIT Media Lab and docs from Massachusetts Hospital will be allotted to the students for their guidance.  The workshop will go on continuously from early morning till late night for the entire week. Attendance at all times is compulsory. Students should ensure their availability before filling the form.

Interested students have to fill this google form [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YLAFU8Q0e91K9qsGP9gBO5Q0tHexr3BMoHVMNCEf6rM/edit
The deadline of the form is 20th Dec.

A similar hackathon was conducted and Bangalore and Hyderabad. More details can be viewed on the website .

Although currently the focus is on healthcare initiatives but on a long term, we will be focusing on expanding it beyond healthcare devices.
A couple of labs are also in pipeline and will hopefully be functional from the start of next year which will help people hack around and create hardware prototypes.

Feel free to contact STAB Team incase of any queries.

Regards,
Sushant Hiray,
Manager WnCC

Bhaskar Bandyopadhyay

Dec 17, 2013, 6:37:39 AM12/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Are we supposed to fill both the forms :
1. The google form link posted above.
2. http://india.media.mit.edu/di14.php

Sushant Hiray

Dec 17, 2013, 6:39:25 AM12/17/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Oh no, make sure you fill only the google doc.

The registration form at india.media.mit is for non IITB students.

Sushant Hiray,
Manager, Web & Coding Club,
IIT Bombay