Interesting Shares

Anil Shanbhag

Apr 12, 2012, 5:03:11 AM4/12/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Chrome Experiements are awesome but this one was big .
WebGL brought 3D graphics to the browser . This movie made entirely using 3d models .
Check out the video at http://ro.me  .

Once you seen its magnificence you could check out the tech that went behind making this

Do share other interesting things you found :)

--
Anil Shanbhag
Manager, WnCC

Saket Choudhary

Apr 14, 2012, 6:40:38 PM4/14/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Saket Choudhary

Apr 14, 2012, 6:44:31 PM4/14/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Anil

Apr 15, 2012, 4:43:18 AM4/15/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Saket Choudhary

May 14, 2012, 5:28:31 PM5/14/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Anil

Jul 18, 2012, 10:39:25 AM7/18/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Are you are interested in making JavaScript run blazingly fast in Chrome? This talk takes a look under the hood in V8 to help you identify how to optimize your JavaScript code. We'll show you how to leverage V8's sampling profiler to eliminate performance bottlenecks and optimize JavaScript programs, and we'll expose how V8 uses hidden classes and runtime type feedback to generate efficient JIT code.

Attendees will leave the session with solid optimization guidelines for their JavaScript app and a good understanding on how to best use performance tools and JavaScript idioms to maximize the performance of their application with V8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJPdhx5zTaw

p3

Oct 17, 2012, 2:53:26 PM10/17/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Build Linux from scratch

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/

Sanyam Mulay

Oct 21, 2012, 4:59:30 AM10/21/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Astrophysics Source Code library:

Found this while browsing through APOD :)

Pritam Baral

Nov 6, 2012, 8:19:07 PM11/6/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I've spent a good part of a night hilariously laughing away at this.

Manish Goregaokar

Nov 6, 2012, 10:57:48 PM11/6/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
There are a lot of these which have been deleted, you can see 'em at http://www.stackprinter.com/deleted (click the leftmost "print" icon to see the offsite version). Though many of those have been undeleted and locked due to recentish discussions on the meta ^.^

-Manish

ɹɐʞoɐƃǝɹoƃ ɥsıuɐɯ-

Anil

Nov 13, 2012, 3:56:11 AM11/13/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Anil

Feb 28, 2013, 2:34:24 PM2/28/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
http://www.filldisk.com/

It is essentially loading frames which are saving data. Hit stop this madness once you seen action !

Manish Goregaokar

Apr 25, 2013, 1:47:57 AM4/25/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
also, http://www.ismytwitterpasswordsecure.com/

Great way to teach friends about keeping passwords secure!

-Manish Goregaokar

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Viraj <vira...@gmail.com> wrote:
Stumbled upon these chrome extensions :

Feed reader it is ! Very neat, simple and elegant. Must try it
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/feedly-your-news-rss-goog/hipbfijinpcgfogaopmgehiegacbhmob

And one more extension is there 'Quick Note'
In the last Hack Night we had Anil had floated idea of 'writer's lookup chrome extension'. Well this is the same. Very useful.
You can select text on any page and on right click you get the option of add - add selection to quick note. And then a quick note side bar appears in the active tab and your selections start getting appended as you do it.

The website for the club is http://stab-iitb.org/wncc

Saket Choudhary

Jun 2, 2013, 4:58:12 PM6/2/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Dilawar

Jun 27, 2013, 9:52:55 PM6/27/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Sushant

Jun 30, 2013, 12:22:28 AM6/30/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
http://www.quora.com/Hashtags/How-did-the-idea-for-hashtags-originate-on-Twitter

A good read. You can check his blogpost about how the whole idea of using hashtags came about and its resemblance to IRC channels!

Dilawar Singh

Jun 30, 2013, 12:31:12 AM6/30/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/shortcuts/2013/mar/17/hashtags-twitter-facebook

Age: First used on Twitter in August, 2007. So five and a half.

Appearance: #likethis

And what exactly is a hashtag? Anything preceded by a #.

As in? As in #nothelpful.

That's not helpful. Yes, exactly. #smug

Can we stay on topic please? Sure. #hashtags

Right. So what are hashtags for? Everything and anything. They contextualise, categorise and colour. They annotate and amuse, unite and undermine. #alliteration

But mostly? Mostly they are a way of filing tweets by topic, enabling Twitter users to find everything that anyone anywhere has tweeted about any given subject. #everyopinionever #tedious

So they're just a Twitter thing? Not just a Twitter thing, no. They first appeared in online chat rooms before the microblogging site even existed, and have since made their way on to several other major social networking sites, including Pinterest, Instagram and Google+. They also tend to pop up on adverts and in TV shows. #pleasetweetaboutourproduct

And what are they doing now? Invading Facebook. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg's team plan to introduce the hashtag as a way of grouping users' conversations. #reportedly

Why? As part of its battle with Twitter to become the best "personalised newspaper" in the world. Or, put another way: because they can and there's nothing Twitter can do to stop them. #socialnetworkwar

So how should us Facebook users prepare for this invasion? You might want to brush up on your hashtag skills. #hashtagpractice

#I think I get it. You don't. #spacesareover

#Don't I? Nope. A hashtag should be all one word. So that should have been #ithinkigetit. Which, as you may have spotted, is a bit of a jumbled mess.

#sowhatdoidowheniwanttosaysomethingreallylong? Don't use a hashtag. Or, if you must, use capitals to make it easier to read. #LikeThis

#DoesThatReallyHelp? Yep, see? It also averts PR disasters of the kind that struck Susan Boyle's album launch party last year. #susanalbumparty

#embarrassinghashtags? #perfect

Do say: "How did we ever live without them?"

Don't say: "#ItWasActuallyFine"

--
Dilawar
EE, IITB

Sushant

Sep 12, 2013, 3:24:29 PM9/12/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
A couple of people at Google have been working on something for Raspberry Pi called Coder. It’s a free piece of open source software that turns your Raspberry Pi into a simple, lightweight, beginner-friendly place to write code, and a mini-web server to run it on.

For those new to coding for the web, it’s a private platform for building web programs. If you’re already a web programmer, Coder can also be a fun sandbox for experimenting with new ideas, or making demos for other people to learn from.

If you have a Raspberry Pi, this sounds fun!

Have a look at it Coder-RaspberryPi.

Lee

Dec 11, 2013, 3:45:08 AM12/11/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
A list of free Programming Books

--
Lee

Kartik Sudarshan

Jan 15, 2014, 9:49:48 AM1/15/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
thenewboston.org
some good basic free tutorials

Viswa Virinchi

Jan 26, 2014, 1:04:15 PM1/26/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Dilawar Singh

Jan 30, 2014, 6:22:49 AM1/30/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
On floating point number  "What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic"

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html

Dilawar Singh

Oct 25, 2014, 8:35:03 AM10/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com