Facebook's new Spam Script!

Ranveer Aggarwal

Jan 26, 2014, 4:01:25 AM1/26/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Recently, I've been receiving loads of notifications from friends tagging me in their comments
It's a simple post that tells you that you can get you friend's Facebook password by pasting a script on your Chrome JS console. While you blindly do that and press enter, wham! It accesses your friend list and takes each name (Well, not each, only some. It's a badly written script) and posts it as a comment.
And you think, "The hell! It doesn't work!"
Of course it doesn't. It isn't supposed to. It does what it's supposed to do though. It starts off a chain reaction, wherein all your friends do the same and the page gets infinite publicity.
Facebook isn't stupid. It definitely isn't stupid enough to let it's accounts get hacked by rookies.
The Chrome JS Console is a powerful tool and unless you don't know what you are doing, you should never paste random stuff on it. Can be fatal.
So, it's a humble request. Next time you see something like this, report it instead of following it.

PS: It has entered the IITB network. And we all know what happens when a new concept enter IITB. Consequences can be dire!

Ranveer Aggarwal
Convener
Web and Coding Club

Chinmay Rajhans

Jan 26, 2014, 4:58:26 AM1/26/14
to wncc_iitb
True Ranveer.

Even I got such spams.
Most unfortunate thing about such spams is, you become victim first and then you know about it.
so in most cases, spams end up being self-spreading.
I never ever click such links neither believe in them, so till now, never done spam to anyone because of such scripts.
Hope others become immune to spams soon.

Hope this thread helps at least those, who are part of WnCC group and we can reduce it a little.

Thank you.

Chinmay

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/