Disk Partition Problem

Priyank Parikh

Apr 5, 2012, 12:19:32 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to partition my hard drive so I can add another OS in a new partition.
As for now my PC is a Windows 7 with just one drive C:\  with upto 90 GB free

When I follow the online instructions of going to Disk Management and trying to Shrink volume, it says the available shrink volume is 0 MB.
My disk is 0% fragmented.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Susmit Saraswat

Apr 5, 2012, 12:55:37 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
The problem might not be fragmentation. Disable hibernation and the
pagefile, delete HIBERFIL.SYS and give it another shot.

> --
> The website for the club is http://stab-iitb.org/wncc

Pratyush Nalam

Apr 5, 2012, 12:58:00 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Use a partition manager like Easeus Partition Manager http://www.partition-tool.com/

Regards,
Pratyush Nalam
Founder, ReflectionsPN
http://reflectionspn.wordpress.com

Shambhulingayya.N.D

Apr 5, 2012, 1:16:37 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
@susmit,

Can u plz tel the location of this file in windows-7.

Thanks!

Saif Hasan

Apr 5, 2012, 1:19:15 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Priyank Parikh

Apr 5, 2012, 4:24:35 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
But by deleting it I won't be able to Hibernate my computer right?

Pratyush Nalam

Priyank Parikh

Apr 5, 2012, 7:27:57 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I used Easus Partition Manager.
While applying the partition it restarted the computer and showed a progress bar which hung up in the middle.
Now my PC does not start up. It auto shuts down after the Starting Windows screen. :P
Even if I choose Startup Repair the comp shuts down in that process as well.
Whoops. I'll have to reinstall windows I guess.
Gah.

Diptesh Kanojia

Apr 5, 2012, 8:39:52 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
OMG, you took us too seriously! :P

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Priyank Parikh <priyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
le applying the partition it restarted the computer and showed a progress bar which hung up in the middle.
Now my PC does not

--
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Pratyush Nalam

Apr 5, 2012, 11:40:18 AM4/5/12
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
That's funny. Easeus never failed me