Intro to Graph Algorithms | Tuesday | 9:00 pm | NSL Annexe

Sushant

Oct 15, 2013, 6:51:33 AM10/15/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The club is organizing an introductory tutorial on Graph Algorithms.
This is amongst the first of tutorials aimed to give insight on solving particular type of algorithms.
We will be shortly covering Dynamic Programming later this week.

The speaker is Umang Mathur.
He will try to introduce graph algorithms and discuss a couple of problem solving approaches as well.
Later on a set of interesting problems will be given for further practice which will be discussed online.

The tutorial will start at 9:00 pm today (15 Oct) in NSL Annexe, Seminar Hall Old CSE Building.

This tutorial will be be particularly useful for ACM ICPC participants and people interested in exploring Graph Algorithms.

Regards,
Sushant Hiray,
Manager WnCC

Sushant

Oct 15, 2013, 7:55:52 AM10/15/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Due to unavailability of Seminar Hall, the tutorial will start at 10:45 pm.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Warm Regards,
Sushant Hiray

Dilawar Singh

Oct 15, 2013, 8:25:04 AM10/15/13
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Last week I bought a book

http://www.hindbook.com/trims_pub.php?pubid=55

Its has a good formal treatment of subject. Some people might like having it on
their table. If you have liked any book by Bella Bollobas; you'll definitely
like this one too.

Another book is by P. R. Bapat "Graphs and matrices". This is a very nice book
but written quite tersely. Its problem set are worth doing and one can read it
on google book. TAOP 4(a) also introduces graphs to its readers.

Looking forward to read the notes (or presentation) from this tutorial.

--
Dilawar
NCBS Bangalore