Google I/O Extended

Abhijit Tomar

Jun 23, 2014, 2:47:38 PM6/23/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
The biggest developer conference of the year Google I/O Extended is set to take place in IIT Bombay tomorrow evening.

Walk in entry for IITB students. All those in the insti please try to attend.

7.00pm, 25th June,
FC Kohli, KReSIT,
IIT Bombay

Manish Goregaokar

Jun 23, 2014, 7:38:20 PM6/23/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, this is not a dev conference, Google I/O is. I/O Extended is just an event centered around I/O, where I/O is streamed live, and there are various discussion sessions.

-Manish Goregaokar

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Ranveer Aggarwal

Jun 25, 2014, 4:22:49 PM6/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
It was a great event with a turnout of over 170.
We had some great lightning talks, an interesting bunch of people presenting their startup ideas and then of course the Google I/O 2014 live streaming.
Highlights:
1. Cheap Smartphones for developing countries
2. Material Design - Google's brand new look
3. Android L (for developers only as of now) - for phones, tablets, cars, wearables and TVs.
  • Unified multitasking for apps and chrome tabs.
  • Improvement in battery life.
  • New way to unlock your phones
4. Android wear
5. Android in your car
6. Android in your TV
7. Better integration with Desktop (Chrome OS)
and much more.

All the attendees are requested to fill up the following feedback form on how we can make our events better. Thank you.
--
Ranveer Aggarwal