Configure Hostel Wifi Router.

Nirav Malsattar

Jul 2, 2014, 7:03:32 PM7/2/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

can anyone guide me how to configure Hostel Wifi Router...? what are the settings for it..? i am talking about that big ASUS wifi putted in Hostel Wing.
Asus_RT-AC66U_antennae.jpg

Manish Goregaokar

Jul 4, 2014, 8:17:20 AM7/4/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
What do you want to do to it? Did you buy a new router and want to use it to extend the network?

If so, set it up as an access point. I believe that there may be issues though, in H2 for some reason each LAN port can only get one DHCP IP so a router set up as an AP can't handle more than one DHCP connection at once.

If this is an existing router that got misconfigured, I think its best if you talk to CC. They may have some different settings.

-Manish Goregaokar

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:33 AM, Nirav Malsattar <niravpm...@gmail.com> wrote:

can anyone guide me how to configure Hostel Wifi Router...? what are the settings for it..? i am talking about that big ASUS wifi putted in Hostel Wing.

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Pritam Baral

Jul 4, 2014, 1:21:22 PM7/4/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hostel 5 has a wifi router installed in its comp room.

Hostel 5's comp room is not connected to LAN. CC disconnected it when they moved H5's switches from comp room to "server room".

@Nirav: You can't do anything about it. The Wifi router is all set-up already. Just get the hostel SysAd to connect tho comp room to a LAN switch

Regards,
Chhatoi Pritam Baral