query: DC Private Security Camera Rebate Program

James Estes

Sep 6, 2021, 8:07:57 AMSep 6
to WNA
Good morning, neighbors.

I am compiling information on security camera options for residences to distribute to the list, and I have a question about the city's Private Security Camera Rebate Program. Yes, I will follow up with the city itself, but I want to start my query here with anyone who has already gone through the process.

One of the city requirements to qualify for this rebate is that the residence “must retain video footage for at least forty-eight (48) hours,” and if you are using a service like Arlo or Google Nest, this requires a subscription.

My query: Do you know if this must be continuous (24/7) video footage, or if it allows for event-based footage?

Some camera systems will only record if the camera detects an event (sound, motion) and save the event footage for a limited amount of time, while others will record continuously, but for an additional cost and the use of wired cams. If you have participated in the rebate program and can confirm whether it allows for event-only or requires 24/7 footage, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

James Estes
915 Westminster
#teamlightscameraaction