Are you looking for picture books?

westminster935

Sep 27, 2021, 10:17:49 PMSep 27
to wnag...@googlegroups.com
We are, too.

The yellow and blue library gets a steady, varied stream of good books -- even magazines and movies.

The top 2 shelves in the kids' box get replenished fairly often with terrific adventures, biographies, sports books.

But board books, beginning readers, and picture books disappear as fast as they go in.

We surely don't want to discourage readers' new attachments, but!

Would you keep your eyes out for books that might ready to come back to the shelves for new friends to find?

We notice that the youngest ones are trying out Ursula Bear, the  reading bench -- and eyeing Clouseau, who is waiting to start
bench service.

(Interesting debates between littles and parents: Cheetah? Leopard? Panther?)

Stay tuned: more fun coming for Halloween.

Oops! I promised to ask parents what languages their families speak. We've had German, French, Chinese, Swahili, Danish, Portugese, Vietnamese, Korean, Amharic, Spanish,

westminster935

Sep 27, 2021, 10:31:56 PMSep 27
to WNAg...@googlegroups.com
Oops! I promised to ask parents what languages their families speak. We've had German, Russian, French, Chinese, Swahili, Danish, Portugese, Vietnamese, Korean, Amharic, Spanish, Navaho, Urdhu.

We've gotten books in more than a few languages, including for kids. Some parents are hoping to find like-speaking folks. I'll try to be a connector.

There are several organizations that are trying to support more diversity in LFLs, so we can draw on them.

This time I'm really done!

Susan