Who dumped an entire sofa into the 10th Street Alley?

Graf, Werner

Sep 27, 2021, 11:19:32 PMSep 27
to wnag...@googlegroups.com

We just saw that an entire sofa with pillows, blankets, mattress base, etc. has been dumped into the 10th Street Alley next to our garbage cans. This is the most irresponsible environmental vandalism we have witnessed so far.

Worse: we have been cited twice by the DC Government for “not removing” such items from our area.

I had called 311 for the removal of a table that was dumped onto the side walk recently. They gave me a removal date for the middle of October.

What can we do against such behavior?

W.

1013 S St., NW

IMG_20210927_231224820.jpg

Mark Schamel

Sep 28, 2021, 7:09:29 AMSep 28
to wg...@howard.edu, WNAg...@googlegroups.com
Likely someone saw something and can connect off line. I would suggest that the person(s) be given a chance to remove it (take to the dump or back inside till bill collection comes) rather than pressing forward with having them fined for illegal dumping.
It has the telltale sign of a renter, but regardless you can help them be better neighbors.

On Sep 27, 2021, at 11:19 PM, 'Graf, Werner' via WNAGroup <wnag...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--
Note - If you hit 'Reply' w/o making any adjustments, your reply will go the author of that email only. To reply to all WNA Listserve members, either press "Reply to All" if your mail program has this option, or add "wnag...@googlegroups.com" to the list of recipients(you can copy this email address from the "To" line).
---

tim.gr...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 12:23:20 PMSep 28
to wnag...@googlegroups.com
Hello - The couch came from the tenants at 1819 Vermont. They called last night to have a pick up scheduled.

“Hi Tim, we have already called and scheduled it’s removal. There’s a note on the couch with the call number and the schedule pick up date. If that one fell off we will put up another! “

IMG_2510.heic