WMT General MT - submission week

Tom Kocmi

Jul 12, 2023, 5:14:20 PM7/12/23
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

The General MT submission week is about to start, and we would like to provide you with detailed instructions to make submission process seamless. To participate, please, follow the steps outlined below:

  1. Register your team to OCELoT, the registration portal is currently open via link https://ocelot-wmt23.mteval.org/
  2. Get your team verified by sending an email with your affiliation to maja.pop...@gmail.com (please note that the verification process may require some time to complete)
  3. Translate blind test sets: https://www2.statmt.org/wmt23/wmttest2023.src.zip (they will be released by the end of tomorrow by AoE, likely Friday for most participants)
  4. After verification, submit translations to OCELoT (deadline is 20th July AoE, please, don’t leave it to the last minute)
  5. Before 27th July AoE, please, select the primary system in OCELoT, you may choose a single system for each language pair
  6. Before 27th July AoE, submit a short abstract paper to SoftConf: https://www.softconf.com/emnlp2023/wmt/  (it should be a brief summary of your submission which you later replace with a system description paper, you may already the submit system description paper if you want)

To make the process transparent, we will be updating the following document with information on teams to make sure that no one is accidently removed from human evaluation: Teams information - PUBLIC.xlsx

Let us know if you have any questions.

On behalf of WMT General MT organizers,

Tom

(in Germany, he/him)

Tom Kocmi

Jul 14, 2023, 7:34:58 AM7/14/23
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

We have released source segments for translation. You may find them here:

General MT: https://www2.statmt.org/wmt23/wmttest2023.src.zip

Biomedical: https://www2.statmt.org/wmt23/wmttest_biomedical2023.src.zip

Both shared tasks use OCELoT as a submission portal https://ocelot-wmt23.mteval.org/ (contact Maja for team verification)

While you can already start translating the sources, please, give us few more hours to properly set up OCELoT to accept submissions.

Thank you for participation and use this email group if you have any questions.

On behalf of WMT organizers,

Tom

(in Germany, he/him)

Tom Kocmi

Jul 14, 2023, 7:42:55 AM7/14/23
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com

Regarding the XML format. We use the same tools as in past years https://github.com/wmt-conference/wmt-format-tools

You can use them to convert XML into TXT and then back to XML which is required by OCELoT.

Have a lovely day,

Tom

(in Germany, he/him)

Message has been deleted

Hui Zeng

Jul 29, 2023, 11:22:44 PM7/29/23
to WMT: Workshop on Machine Translation
Dear Tom,

I missed the abstract step, so I just made a submission through softconf, the Confirmation Number is 19.
Am I qualified for the General MT task and the human evaluation?

Best regards,
Hui Zeng

Tom Kocmi

Jul 30, 2023, 3:23:58 PM7/30/23
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Couple more teams didn’t submit abstract on time, so we will extend deadline to early next week.

If you participated in General MT, please, check this table if your team is validated for human evaluation:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=E5B9FC05F3A020AD!86403&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AAjz1hbkvy0oYE4

Thank you and have a lovely day,