Advance information about talks at WMT for sign language interpreters

Mathias Müller

Dec 4, 2022, 2:57:16 PM12/4/22
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues

This message is intended for people who are presenting a paper at WMT 2022.

This year, WMT will feature live sign language interpretation for all talks (but not poster sessions). An interesting outcome of this "experiment" will be a translation of your talk into International Sign.

Sign language translation for technical talks is not easy. We've been informed by the translation agency that it would help tremendously if two things were available to the interpreters in advance: 1) the names of presenters and 2) the slides.

We kindly ask you to provide this information here:

Important: if you are the author of a poster, there is no need to fill in this form. There will be no interpretation for poster sessions.

If you are aware of presenters who are not on this list (e.g. co-authors of yours), please forward this message.

Thank you so much for making interpretation as smooth as possible!

Mathias

On behalf of the organizers of the shared task on sign language translation (https://www.wmt-slt.com/)