General MT: definition of constrained track; update on Japanese

Tom Kocmi

Mar 27, 2023, 4:44:56 PM3/27/23
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Based on your feedback from the poll, we have finalized the list of pretrained models that are allowed in constrained track.

The limitations for the constrained track are as follows:

* You may only use the training data allowed for this year (specified later on this page)

* You may use any publicly available metric that was evaluated on past WMT Metrics shared tasks (for example: COMET, Bleurt, etc.)

* You may ONLY use the following listed pretrained models in all publicly available model sizes: mBART, BERT, RoBERTa, sBERT, LaBSE

* Any basic linguistics tools (taggers, parsers, morphology analyzers, etc.)

All other models are allowed in unconstrained track.

Secondly, we will evaluate Japanese-English in both directions.

Have a lovely day,

Tom

(in Germany, he/him)