WMT22 African Multilingual Shared Task: Evaluation

Antonis Anastasopoulos

Jul 20, 2022, 4:13:38 PM7/20/22
to Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation
Hi dear participants,

We have decided to significantly extend the evaluation period for the multilingual African languages shared task. We are still working on the evaluation portal in collaboration with MLcommons, and we will share more details as soon as we have them. We're hoping to open the portal soon.

We are still planning on doing both automatic and human evaluations on about 100 language pairs. In any case, please see below the updated dates for the evaluation period:
  • Eval closes Sept 5 (was 7/28)

  • Paper submission deadline Sept 26 (was 9/7)

  • Paper review Sept 27 - Oct 7

We're hoping that this extension will give everyone more time to prepare their models and mitigate the delays we've had with sharing the compute grants to the selected teams.

Happy multilingual modeling!
Antonis Anastasopoulos and the rest of the organizing team

sylvain agbolo

Jul 20, 2022, 5:20:56 PM7/20/22
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the update Antonis.