15th MT Marathon: registration is now open!

Ondrej Bojar

Jul 18, 2022, 8:06:40 AM7/18/22
to wmt-tasks
(Apologies for cross-posting)

This is a reminder that the 15th MT Marathon will take place in Prague on September 5-10, 2022.

The registration is free of charge. There is a possibility to order lunches in Profesní Dům restaurant, which is in the same building. To register, use the following link:
https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/mtm22/registration

The fifteenth edition of the MT Marathon will be organized by the Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics (ÚFAL), Charles University, with sponsorship of EAMT and Memsource.

Each Machine Translation Marathon is a week-long gathering of machine
translation researchers, developers, students and users featuring:

MT Lectures and Labs covering the basics and tutorials.
Keynote Talks from experienced researchers and practitioners.
Presentations of research and open source tools related to MT.
Hacking Projects to advance tools or research in one week or start new collaborations.

Details:
https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/mtm22

** Call for abstracts **
The MT Marathon will host an open session with poster presentations related to MT research and open-source tools. We invite students, developers and researchers to submit short abstracts (1 page) featuring previously published results, open-source tool demos, and work in progress. Abstracts are lightly reviewed for topical scope, and all relevant submissions will be accepted for presentation.

Important dates:
July 31, 2022 Abstract submission deadline (extended)
August 15, 2022 Notification of acceptance

** Call for project proposals **
As always, project topics will get finalized on the first day of the Marathon, but it was found useful in the past to announce and refine project proposals earlier.

If you have an idea what you'd like to implement in a small team of fellow participants, or if you just want to peek at what is going to be proposed, have a look or edit the live document linked from:
http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/mtm22/projects.html

(On behalf of the organisers)

--
Ondrej Bojar (mailto:o...@cuni.cz / bo...@ufal.mff.cuni.cz)
http://www.cuni.cz/~obo

sylvain agbolo

Jul 18, 2022, 10:00:50 AM7/18/22
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ondrej,
Thanks so much for the email and the link to register.
My name is Sylvain Agbolo from Ghana in West Africa.
I am an EAMT member, and I would like to request an invitation letter for the conference to submit to the Czech Republic embassy in Ghana.
I would also like to inquire if accommodation will be provided (for free or at a cost).

Faithfully,

Sylvain.