AMTA 2024 - 2nd Call for proposals: Workshops and Tutorials

Cecilia Yalangozian

Mar 29, 2024, 8:55:19 AMMar 29
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com, mt-...@eamt.org

2nd Call for Proposals for Workshops and Tutorials for AMTA 2024

The Board of Directors of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas (AMTA) is pleased to announce the second call for proposals for workshops and tutorials for AMTA 2024, our 16th biennial conference. In a departure from past events, this year’s workshops and tutorials will be held online on September 18. The main conference will follow, running from September 30 to October 2, in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

The AMTA 2024 organizing committee invites submissions for tutorial and workshop proposals in machine translation (MT) and related areas, including generative AI and large language models (LLMs). The sessions may cover research, development, application and evaluation. We are aiming for a varied and engaging program for all MT community members—from researchers and developers to users and linguists.

For a list of suggested focus areas, refer to the call for papers of the main AMTA 2024 conference here.

Tutorials

Tutorials offer intensive training on specific topics in machine translation and related fields. The morning and afternoon sessions are 3 hours long. They provide attendees with deep-dives into specific technical, practical, and commercial aspects of MT and related technologies. For beginners, tutorials offer conceptual introductions to prepare for the conference’s broader content. Sessions may also feature hands-on exercises.

Submit your proposal by Thursday, June 6, 2024, to tuto...@amtaweb.org and include the following:

  • Title of Tutorial
  • Description of proposed content (250 – 500 words)
  • Short biography of presenter/s (up to 100 words)
  • Any technical requirements for attendees

For every accepted tutorial, we offer free registration for the full day of workshops and tutorials and for the three-day in-person conference, provided that the recipients stay at the conference hotel.

Important dates

  • Tutorial submission deadline: June 6, 2024
  • Notification of tutorial acceptance: July 18, 2024
  • Submission of slides, abstract, bibliography for tutorials: August 16, 2024

Workshops

AMTA workshops offer MT-related communities of practice full-day sessions to deepen their theoretical understanding and hands-on skills. The organizing committee will promptly notify authors of accepted proposals, providing sufficient preparation time. If we reject a proposal, we will provide reasons for it. Authors with accepted proposals will be responsible for promoting the workshop, producing camera-ready proceedings, and developing a workshop schedule in consultation with the organizing committee.

Submit your proposals as early as possible, no later than Monday, May 6, 2024, to work...@amtaweb.org and include the following:

  • Title of Workshop
  • Description of proposed content (250 – 500 words)
  • Short biography of presenter/s (up to 100 words)
  • Any technical requirements for attendees

For every accepted workshop, we offer free registration for the full day of workshops and tutorials and for the three-day in-person conference, provided that the recipients stay at the conference hotel.

Important dates

  • Workshop submission deadline: May 6, 2024
  • Notification of workshop acceptance: on a rolling basis after receipt of a proposal
  • Submission of slides, abstract, bibliography for workshops: August 16, 2024

Recording

Please note: All presentations will be recorded without exception. By submitting a workshop or tutorial proposal, you are implicitly granting AMTA permission to record your session and share it with conference attendees, as well as archive it for AMTA, EAMT, and AAMT members.

Please direct any questions to tuto...@amtaweb.org or work...@amtaweb.org.

We look forward to your proposal!

Cecilia Yalangozian, Chairperson, Workshops and Tutorials

Georg Kirchner, Co-organizer

Cecilia Yalangozian

Mar 29, 2024, 9:28:51 AMMar 29
to wmt-...@googlegroups.com, mt-...@eamt.org