QE shared task - Submissions open

Frédéric BLAIN

Aug 9, 2023, 2:21:27 PM8/9/23
to wmt-qe-sh...@googlegroups.com, wmt-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
The submissions for the QE shared task are now open on Codalab using the links below:

Please make sure to:

1. Make only 1 registration for each team on Codalab;

2. Ensure you have the latest test data: especially the tokenised translations for Task 1 - word level which have been updated;

3. Follow the submission format indicated for each competition. Note that this year we do not have individual phases for each language pair. Instead, you can submit your predictions all together (in any order of language pairs), i.e. one submission may include all language pairs of a task or just the ones you want to focus on.
To know how your submission performed, due to the leaderboard being blind, you need to manually download the scores via "View scoring error log".  Note: you will see the macro-average only if you submit to all language pairs.

4. Ensure you submit a zip file with the requested 'predictions.txt' file, and a 'metadata.txt' file that includes the following information:
    1. Team name
    2. Model description: method, use of external data, models used (we refer you to findings papers from previous years as to what information and format we expect).

5. Each participant is given a quota of 10 submissions overall, with a limit of 5 per day;

6. This year we are keeping the leaderboards private (or blind) during the "competition" phase (ending August 17th noon UTC or 23:59 AoE). After that deadline, the "post-competition" phase of each Codalab will become active and you will be able to make as many submissions as you want (still in a limit of 5 a day).
Note: only submissions received during the "competition" phase will be used to determine the winner(s) of each task, and thus will be considered for the findings paper.

7. If you have any questions/struggles, please use the Forum of the task you are participating in. This way, each question and its answers can benefit all.

Good luck!

On behalf of the organisers,
Fred.