[Wikimediauk-l] Draft five year plan

Jon Davies

Mar 28, 2012, 9:56:05 AM3/28/12
to wikimediauk-l
Now on Wiki (just) the first draft of our ambitious five year plan.

Would love input form community, especially areas I may have left out.

Will come to the board on April 21st or 22nd.

Jon

http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_2012_Five_Year_Plan

--
Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK. 07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Charles Matthews

Mar 28, 2012, 3:15:23 PM3/28/12
to wikime...@lists.wikimedia.org
On 28 March 2012 14:56, Jon Davies <jon.d...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
Now on Wiki (just) the first draft of our ambitious five year plan.

Would love input form community, especially areas I may have left out.

The idea of a "member benefit package" is certainly a welcome change. Two years ago someone could say  "We don't do anything for members", justify it, and get onto the Board. (See http://wikimedia.7.n6.nabble.com/Membership-Fee-Cut-td1431555.html for that debate.)

Charles

Thomas Dalton

Mar 28, 2012, 3:40:44 PM3/28/12
to wikime...@lists.wikimedia.org
Could we please discuss this on the wiki here:

http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Draft_2012_Five_Year_Plan

It gets very confusing when we have conversations split over multiple fora.

Thanks!

On 28 March 2012 20:15, Charles Matthews

Gordon Joly

Mar 28, 2012, 5:07:15 PM3/28/12
On 28/03/2012 20:40, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> It gets very confusing when we have conversations split over multiple fora.

Forums?

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
gordo...@pobox.com

Thomas Dalton

Mar 28, 2012, 5:24:18 PM3/28/12
On 28 March 2012 22:07, Gordon Joly <gordo...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 28/03/2012 20:40, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>>
>> It gets very confusing when we have conversations split over multiple
>> fora.
>>
> Forums?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fora

Apparently "forums" is preferred, but evidently not by me!

jon.d...@wikimedia.org.uk

Mar 28, 2012, 5:35:26 PM3/28/12
to wikime...@lists.wikimedia.org
Fora for me too!