Building wkhtmltopdf for lambda with unpatched QT

Daniyal Abbasi

Dec 8, 2021, 7:48:02 PM12/8/21
to wkhtmltopdf General
Hi
I'm trying to build binaries for wkhtmltopdf for aws lambda. I want to use QT5 as the css I'm working with uses some new css attributes.

Progress so far :
- I followed https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/packaging and I've cloned https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf.git and inside the qt directory I've cloned https://github.com/qt/qt5 super module.
- Next, I update the required submodules (qtbase, qtsvg, qtxmlpatterns ) using the init-repository command and then run the command make (in the qt directory)

Now, I'm stuck at using qtwebkit 5.212 from https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit. I want to do a static build as this is to be used in aws lambda. However, I'm unsure on how to build qtwebkit. If someone has had some success or can guide me to some resources, that'll be great!

Once qtwebkit is built, I support running qmake && make in the root wkhtmltopdf directory should be enough.

P.S. : I'm sorry if I'm asking very basic questions. I don't have much experiences in building and compiling binaries.

Thanks!