Spring is in the air

terry lowrey

Mar 18, 2024, 12:47:53 PMMar 18
to West Kootenay Birds
Here at Kokanee Creek the swans are still stopping almost daily to feed in the shallows off Redfish Beach. Our resident Canada goose pair has been defending the nest on top of the neighbour's tree for a month now, and the female goose is now sitting regularly. We expect some goslings to be jumping out in about a month!
No signs of a bear yet, but we're taking down our feeders.
Ursula

Carolee Colter

Mar 18, 2024, 12:56:47 PMMar 18
to wkb...@googlegroups.com
At the west end of the Pend d'Oreille Valley on Saturday the first Violet-Green Swallows were returning and we saw one Tree Swallow. The Western Bluebirds were back in force. Towhees were singing and many, many Song Sparrows. We saw a few Say's Phoebes. The stars of the day were an immature Golden Eagle and 2 Canada Jays.

--
Carolee Colter
P.O. Box 1055