My book Dare to Bird is out today!

bcbird...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 11:53:18 AMJun 18
to West Kootenay Birds

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share that my book “Dare to Bird: Exploring the Joy and Healing Power of Birds” is now available in all bookstores and online.  It is also available for loan for free at most libraries. For anyone who purchases or reads a copy I am very grateful for your support. I poured a lot of love into this coffee table book, which showcases photos I took in North America (including Hawaii) and hope you enjoy it.  The book deals with how birds can help those suffering from grief and loss but also the joy they bring to all and why they are worth saving. It also discusses my work with young birders and why it’s vital to mentor youth and barriers faced in the hobby for BIPOC birders and why I feel we need to actively continue to work to make birding more inclusive.

A link from the publisher’s website

https://rmbooks.com/book/dare-to-bird/

And Indigo

https://www.indigo.ca/en-ca/dare-to-bird-exploring-the-joy-and-healing-power-of-birds/9781771606547.html

and from Amazon (temporarily out of stock after selling out pre-orders)

https://www.amazon.ca/The-Healing-Power-of-Birds/dp/1771606541?dplnkId=82e984f0-bf44-457c-860f-959782eacf27&nodl=1

Thanks all,

Melissa Hafting

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share that my book “Dare to Bird: Exploring the Joy and Healing Power of Birds” is now available in all bookstores and online.  It is also available for loan for free at most libraries. For anyone who purchases or reads a copy I am very grateful for your support. I poured a lot of love into this coffee table book, which showcases photos I took in North America (including Hawaii) and hope you enjoy it.  The book deals with how birds can help those suffering from grief and loss but also the joy they bring to all and why they are worth saving. It also discusses my work with young birders and why it’s vital to mentor youth and barriers faced in the hobby for BIPOC birders, LGBTQ+ and women and why I feel we need to actively continue to work to make birding more inclusive.

A link from the publisher’s website

and from Amazon (temporarily out of stock after selling out pre-orders)

and Indigo

Thanks all,
Melissa Hafting
[...]

bcbird...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2024, 11:56:19 AMJun 18
to West Kootenay Birds
Looks like a few of my words cut off I wanted to say barriers faced in the hobby for BIPOC birders, LGBTQ+ and women…

All the best
Mel

marlene johnston

Jun 28, 2024, 9:02:07 PMJun 28
to bcbird...@gmail.com, WestKootenayBirds
Hi Mel and all,

The Kaslo Library let me know that your book has arrived and Joe will pick it up today. I am so looking forward to reading it Mel!

For all the birders in the Kaslo area, place your hold and once I’m finished you can borrow it:)

Happy Canada Day weekend!

marlene at lardeau

Melissa H

Jun 28, 2024, 10:09:45 PMJun 28