Loggerhead Shrike

Hazel and Ed

May 31, 2024, 4:00:56 PMMay 31
to West Kootenay Birds

Loggerhead Shrike near Selkirk College Oxbow this Morning.  It was hunting from young juniper trees beside the Kootenay R. just upstream from the upstream inlet of the oxbow.

Ed

loggerhead.jpg

bcbird...@gmail.com

May 31, 2024, 7:30:34 PMMay 31
to West Kootenay Birds
That’s a fantastic find  Ed! Do you have anymore pics hard to see it too clearly
Mel

bcbird...@gmail.com

May 31, 2024, 10:32:37 PMMay 31
to West Kootenay Birds

Well it’s a fantastic record Ed
I’m going to add it to the rba may we have your last name and also can I use your photo with credit to you?
Also if you have a google map pin where you saw it would appreciate it!
I see Craig saw it too!
Cheers
Mel

Craig Sandvig

May 31, 2024, 10:33:59 PMMay 31
to West Kootenay Birds
Nice, Ed and Hazel!
It was still there when I dropped by for a post work birding session. Same general location.

Craig