Comet Leonard

jim and sandy phfistner

Dec 3, 2021, 6:25:35 AM12/3/21
to wkaa
Hi All:

We briefly viewed the comet this early morning with 15x50 binocs. Transparency wasn't great, but patience paid off to discern M3 from the comet.

Hope others get to see Leonard.

Jim & Sandy

Bob Vickers

Dec 8, 2021, 9:25:32 AM12/8/21
to wk...@googlegroups.com
Melissa and I went out about 5:45 this morning and spotted Comet Leonard in binoculars in the East just below Bootes. The skies had just cleared not long before and it didn't take long to find the small, round, fuzzy spot. We did not see a tail, however, nor did we see any nucleus. Just a gradual brightening toward the center. It is a lot dimmer than Neowise and I doubt if it will become visible naked eye, especially as it gets more into the Sun's glare.

Clear Skies,
Bob & Melissa