WJHS News for May 17, 2019

E. Mead

May 17, 2019, 1:53:05 PM5/17/19
to WJHS News

****BOE Meeting****

There is a BOE meeting
 on May 23rd at District Offices.
Meetings begin on or about 7:30 pm.

2019-20 Budget Vote is on Tuesday, May 21st.
Visit our District website for more information.

****Bus Passes****
Bus passes are only issued for transportation emergencies throughout the school year.
Thank you in advance for your understanding with this request.

****Calendar Change Reminder***

Due to recent changes Thursday, May 23rd is a Superintendent's Conference Day.

Students will not have school on this day.

Also, due to give back snow days school is closed on Friday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 28th.

****Jazz Band***

Jazz Band Members please arrive at Mesier Park in the Village of Wappingers by 9:40 am near the gazebo.

If it rains your performance will be at RCK.

****Festival of the Arts****

Please join us for the 69th Annual Festival of the Arts!

This year’s festival will take place Saturday, May 18, at Mesier Park in Wappingers Falls from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  If the weather is inclement,

the festival will take place at Roy C. Ketcham High School.

The artwork of hundreds of WCSD students (elementary through high school) will be on exhibit throughout the park.

The park will also be filled with the music of the elementary and secondary choral,

instrumental and general music ensembles which will be performing throughout the day.  We hope to see you there!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
****Girls Softball****
Congratulations to the team on their 11 to 7 win against Van Wyck!
****Boys Baseball****
Congratulations to the team on their win yesterday against Van Wyck!
****WCT Food Drive****
Until Thursday, May 23rd each building will be accepting donations for Zion Food Bank.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
****Summer Camps****
Registration is now open for WCSD Summer Camps! We have camps available for students in grades 7 & 8 including Computer Game Design, Young Hacks Academy, Horseback Riding, String Orchestra and several theater camps. For more information and to register, go to www.wappingersschools.org/page/204
****Stomp Out Stigma****
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and we at Wappingers will be working to increase awareness and Stomp Out Stigma. Please support us by wearing green on Fridays and paying
 careful attention to our student announcements regarding mental health issues impacting teens today. Remember: We Are Stronger Together!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
****May is Better Hearing and Speech Month.****
Build communication across the lifespan. Listen for announcements to help increase knowledge and awareness
around hearing and speech!  To learn more: https://www.asha.org/bhsm/
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

****Little Doctors Blood Drive****
Save the date: May 30th
2:30-7:00 PM
WJH room 105
We are currently in the situation that blood reserves are at a critical low.  Come and donate to be a silent hero for someone in need.
Join us and support our students as well.

For an appointment please reach out to roselle...@wcsdny.org

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

****Tech Camp****

There is an information meeting on Monday, May 20th from 6-8 pm at RCK.

Everyone from grades 4-8 are welcome.

****8th Grade 6 Flags****

Applications are available during lunch periods in the cafe or see Mr. Ramirez.

There are less than 5 seats left. After these are filled, students will be put on a waiting list.

****Fall Sports****

Attention parents of current 7th grade students interested in a Fall Sport for September of School Year 2019-2020

Modified Fall Sports at Wappingers Junior High are as follows:

Boys: Soccer

Boys: Modified Football (pending budget vote)

Boys and Girls: Cross Country

Girls: Cheerleading

Girls: Field Hockey

Girls: Volleyball

 CURRENT 7TH GRADE students at WJHS will SUBMIT their physical to the WJHS Health Office to prepare for 8TH GRADE fall sports. You ONLY need to do this if your current physical has not been approved to play a sport. If you are unsure, please check on FamilyID for the last sport your child tried out for and check the physical date. In order for it to be valid for Fall Sports at Wappingers Junior High, it will have to be dated September 1, 2018 and later.

If you are interested in any of these sports, PLEASE submit a VALID physical dated 9/1/18 or later AND  complete the attached Health History Form (*SIGN AND DATE *) and return to the WJHS Health Office ASAP. We are currently awaiting confirmation from Health Quest (School Medical Director) for limited dates of Chart Reviews.  Act NOW, Act FAST!

Family ID will be open for REGISTRATION for your SPECIFIC Wappingers Junior High FALL SPORT 30 days prior to Fall Sports beginning on August 10, 2019.

Please see attached.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
8th Grade Class Ketcham Shirts
Limited Class of 2023 Ketcham Nation shirts are on sale now! Use the link below to order. Shirts are 1st come, 1st served until sold out!
Payment is due upon ordering! https://wjhspta.memberhub.store
****Moving Up Movie****
Attention 8th grade students! You are the stars of the show!
Come join in the fun creating the movie presentation for family and friends
to see at your Moving Up ceremony in June.
See Mrs. Legnini in L3 for details.
****Spring Pictures****

Spring Pictures have arrived and have been distributed to students.  Students should have given the pictures to you to view.
If you would like to purchase them, you can do so online or students can bring the money to Room 244.  You keep the pictures you purchase.
 ANY pictures NOT purchased are to be returned to Room 244 as soon as possible.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After School Academic Program
Do you like playing board games of all kinds? Join us on Wednesdays after school in the library.
Work on homework as well as playing board games as part of our After School Academic Program.  Please sign up in Mr. Corsano's office room 244,
the first 20 students who sign up will be able to participate.
School Notes
All school notes should be handed in to Period 1 teacher at the beginning of the class.
Walker and Pick Up Forms
Any student who wishes to be put on the walker and/or pick up list should pick up the forms at the main office.

Have a wonderful sunny weekend!

health hx.pdf