Wizard 2 - Clarification on Pricing

Jurgen Proschinger

Jan 6, 2021, 9:20:49 AM1/6/21
to Wizard User Group
I've just looked at Wizard 2 on the AppStore and the website. While the website proclaims  that the standard version runs up to USD 79.99 the AppStore ONLY lists subscription options. Now, don't get me wrong, but I HATE subscriptions to every piece of software that I don't use on a day-to-day basis. It's an awful trend. The question is: Can I purchase Wizard 2 standard as a standalone version like I did with version 1?

Which brings us to the upgrade price. You don't mention it anywhere. I purchased Wizard 1 on the AppStore and might upgrade if the price is right and there's a non-subscription option.

All the best,
Jurgen Proschinger

Evan Miller

Jan 6, 2021, 9:45:33 AM1/6/21
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the mail. The website is out of date, but I will be updating it this week with the latest information. I'll summarize it here.

Wizard 1 and Wizard Pro are:

* Available with perpetual licenses
* Compatible with macOS 10.10 and up
* Compatible with Apple M1 chips running under Rosetta.

Wizard 2 is:

* Available via subscription
* Compatible with macOS 10.13 and up.
* Natively compiled for both Intel and Apple M1 chips (no Rosetta)

The upgrade prices depend on the territory. If you confirm your Wizard 1 or Wizard Pro purchase, you can expect roughly a 50% discount on the first subscription year. In the US store:

Standard subscription: $49.99/year ($24.99 with first year discount)

Pro subscription: $129.99/year ($59.99 with first year discount)

You can choose either discount - so Wizard Pro can unlock the Standard discount, Wizard 1 can unlock the Pro discount, etc.

While many people are averse to subscriptions, I think you'll find the prices quite reasonable compared to the competition. On the business side, subscriptions will let me continue to invest in improving the software and stay current with underlying technology changes. I put quite a bit of work into ensuring Wizard 1 works on Big Sur and the M1 so that Wizard 2 will feel like an option for customers, rather than a mandatory upgrade.

Best regards

Evan

Jurgen Proschinger

Jan 7, 2021, 7:27:43 AM1/7/21
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the helpful clarification, Evan. Sadly, I won’t be upgrading to Wizard 2 under these conditions. I only use the software occasionally and, as stated, don’t support subscription service for small apps. There’re even clipboard managers out there that jumped on that wagon.

Keep me posted once you decide to revisit your decision and return to the old and trusted way of selling software and keeping loyal customers.

All the best,
Jurgen Proschinger

Jurgen Proschinger

Digital Strategy and Commercial Innovation in Technology, Media & Entertainment (TME)

Turmweg 1, 73240 Wendlingen am Neckar, Germany

t: +49-7024-892-380 m: +49-176-5366-9560

jurgen.pr...@icloud.com

Xing
Skype
Flickr
Medium
Twitter
Linkedin
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error), please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Any unauthorized copying, change, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Wizard User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wizard-users/CF92F05F-1C25-4B8F-B2E4-776D2373B9B1%40gmail.com.