Wizard 1.9.38 is available

Evan Miller

Nov 19, 2019, 10:04:40 AM11/19/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that there's a small update in the App Store this week. Here are the changes:

• Pivot exporter: Fix a crash when exporting large Pivot tables
• Summary view: Fix a bug when performing a multi-column Kruskal-Wallis test
• Improved performance with Column > Raise To Power...

To get the free update, just click the "Updates" tab in the Mac App Store.

Enjoy!

Evan

Hans-Werner Klein

Nov 20, 2019, 7:47:51 AM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan,

some weird reactions on the „pivot“ view #1.

- I try to pivot a data set - choosing some statistics for variables and see the chosen values. OK.
- I try to use  pivot column 1 to look at some effects of the variable - the statistics (x-axes) collapse, only the values of the pivot column (y axes) are displayed.
- clicking Pivot 2 and 3: normal pivot view
- Entering the same variable as used in pivot 1 to check if something is wrong with that  - normal pivotting on #2 and #3.

- quitting wizard, reopening it, using a different file, same same.

pivot # 1 seems to be - broken?

It’s not a show stopper for my work actually. But maybe it can be fixed easily?

Kind regards

Hans

Hawe Klein

Freundliche Grüße

Hans-Werner
________________
Hans-Werner Klein
Athener Strasse 1
53117 Bonn
________________

Fon > +49 160 979 51 660
Mail > hanswern...@icloud.com
Blog > www.databerata.de

Evan Miller

Nov 20, 2019, 8:20:07 AM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

I'm not seeing the behavior you describe - can you send along a demonstration file or perhaps a short video?

Evan

Hans-Werner Klein

Nov 20, 2019, 10:36:01 AM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan,

Maybe it is something like  "Schroedingers Pivot Cat“ ;-)?
 Find a video about this odd behaviour of my version of wizard attached.
The video uses the variable „Klassenstufe“ (Numeric), but I get the same behaviour with categories.
Work around: I skip the first pivot.

Hans

________________
Hans-Werner Klein
________________
Wizards-oddly-Pivot 2019-11-20.mov

Evan Miller

Nov 20, 2019, 12:54:17 PM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,

From the video it may be a visual glitch - try scrolling the table to the right and see if the other columns are hiding there.

Evan

Hans-Werner Klein

Nov 20, 2019, 1:59:09 PM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Evan - YOU  are the WIZARD!

You’re completely right.  Scrolling the table to the hidden columns here we are. Then shifting the hidden column to the left leads to success.

Freundliche Grüße

Hans

Evan Miller

Nov 20, 2019, 3:44:30 PM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear - sounds like there's a display bug somewhere that is expanding that column all the way to the right. I'll have to take a closer look!

Evan

Hans-Werner Klein

Nov 20, 2019, 4:00:08 PM11/20/19
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
What I already did check: the content nor the header are such wide to cause that glitch.

Thanks for your support.

Hans
Hans-Werner Klein
Mail > hanswern...@icloud.com