已查看 44 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Tristan Lane

未读,
2020年5月6日 14:43:402020/5/6
收件人 Wizard User Group
Hi Evan and everyone.

Same data.
Different outcomes for wizard (significant) and stata (non significant).
22 per group.
Prism gives same as wizard.

Allowing for data being right is the reason exact vs approximate values?

Evan Miller

未读,
2020年5月6日 15:05:542020/5/6
收件人 wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tristan,

Wizard (and I guess Prism) are using the chi-squared approximation for Kruskal-Wallis with 3+ groups. For 2 groups (Mann-Whitney) Wizard will compute the exact version when N<40 per group.

Exact vs approximate has more to do with computational complexity than anything else. Wizard's implementation follows this paper for the Mann-Whitney U:

I can look into providing an exact version for 3+ groups - which I guess is what Stata is doing.

How many groups are in your test?

Evan

Tristan Lane

未读,
2020年5月6日 15:10:212020/5/6
收件人 Wizard User Group
Ah cool.

Will read.

Also annoyingly it’s because of a weird sorting in the data...

Weirdness over, sorry!
回复全部
回复作者
转发