Between group mean differences

am.i.wrig...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2020, 9:47:29 AM4/27/20
to Wizard User Group
Hi Evan,

I am trying to calculate the mean difference between two groups.

example:
group 1 goes from 100 to 90
group 2 goes from 95 to 92

When I have them all in one dataset, using the inbuilt funciton I can subtract time 1 from time 0 to see the difference, then in the covariate I can see the difference by groups. This is good.

The main result is giving a mean however and I would like a difference between groups rather than mean of both groups. So it is giving (100+95)/2 / (90+92)/2, whereas I'm wondering if you can do (100-90)-(95-92) with a few clicks? Is there a way to automate this with WIZARD?

Many thanks

Evan Miller

Apr 27, 2020, 10:20:27 AM4/27/20
to wizard...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I think you will be able to make use of the "Repeated Measures" function.

If you have individual observations in two time periods, put each time period in a separate column. E.g.

ID  Group    M1  M2
===============
A   Group1  10   20
B  Group1  20   98
C  Group2  93   92
D  Group2  90   93

The paired t-test will let you test the increase of (M2 - M1) between the two groups.

Does that help?

Evan

am.i.wrig...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 5:03:26 AM4/29/20
to Wizard User Group
Hi there Evan,

Thank you for your response - this is a good idea and I can see even now that it will work. It does mean reformatting my tables as I had both groups in one line, but I will think of some way to speed this up (maybe insert new column between each group then copy the data from the second group across one column).

Many thanks for your help!