Application of tests

Daniel Burchette

Feb 25, 2022, 12:31:03 PM2/25/22
to Wizard User Group
Hi all,

Wizard Newbie and stats idiot here, trying to learn and improve. Be kind.

I have imported my spreadsheet into Wizard and using the 'Correlate' tab I selected my variables. This advises me that my investigational variable (blood test) has a significant correlation for my outcome category (diagnosis (binary)).

If I double click and go through to the summary part then deselect the outcome variable to view just the blood test data it runs the Shapiro-Wilk and advises me that the data is not normally distributed.

When I then reselect the categorical outcome variable (Diagnosis) it gives me the 4 different chart options: including the t-test. Why does it give me this option for a data point that has non-normal distribution of data? Should I disregard that test?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.