Twitter API change - fix checked in

Jon Galloway

Dec 24, 2008, 3:56:55 PM12/24/08
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Twitter changed their API which prevented Witty from making post request (updates and DM's): http://code.google.com/p/wittytwitter/issues/detail?id=174

Fix is in the developer build:

Can we get a ClickOnce update?

Keith Elder

Dec 25, 2008, 1:25:29 PM12/25/08
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a ClickOnce update now.
--
Keith Elder
Microsoft MVP
Mobile: 601.467.9744
Blog:  http://keithelder.net/blog/
Podcast: http://deepfriedbytes.com/
Podcast Feed:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/deepfriedbytes

Alan Le

Dec 25, 2008, 1:28:40 PM12/25/08
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Ah, bad timing on the twitter change. I was planning to work on a dark skin, the witty twitter site, and clickonce w/ client profile, during the break. That's what the 2.0 rev will include.

Go for the 1.9.3 fixes. Thanks Jon and Keith.

Keith Elder

Dec 25, 2008, 1:53:32 PM12/25/08
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed it the new clickonce version with the update, and it was marked as 2.0 in the file so I kept it as 2.0.  Whoops!

FYI:

Reading the fix for the startup I don't think that will work.  The reason is the path to ClickOnce apps are always changing.  Thus, if the app is clickonce deployed we have to go a different route.  Not hard.

All that needs to be done is we write a shortcut URL with the URL of the application.

-Keith