aei...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2009, 12:21:38 AM4/17/09
to WittyTwitter
I don't know the best way to explain what I mean, so here we go:

Say, for example you have two users: @joe and @susie. @joe uses the
web interface and @susie uses Witty. @susie posts a Tweet that @joe
wants to respond to, so he replies uses the "Reply" link on the site.
His tweet will have "X time ago from web in reply to susie" anywhere
it pops.

@susie replies back to @joe by right clicking in Witty on the tweet
then "Reply," but it won't say "X time ago from Witty in reply to joe"
it'll just say "X time ago from Witty"

Is there a way to designate a specific click of the "Reply" action
from manual typing of "@username" in order to get the "in reply to
username" sent?

Am I making any sense?

James Deville

Apr 17, 2009, 1:14:43 AM4/17/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
If you look at the web interface after doing a reply from Witty, it says "in reply to", we just don't display that same text in the interface due to size issues.

JD

Jon Galloway

Apr 17, 2009, 12:11:45 PM4/17/09
to WittyTwitter
In order to get the "In Reply To" text, you have to reply to a tweet
(right-click, reply). If you do that, Witty does send that reply
information and it'll show up in the web interface:
http://twitter.com/jongalloway/status/1543082235

Witty won't include the "in reply to" information if you just type in
their username ("@joe Yes, I agree!") because the Twitter API requires
that replies are in response to a Tweet, not a user.

If you're using Witty and your replies aren't showing the "in reply
to" info, make sure you're running the latest version - should be
2.1.2.0.

- Jon

On Apr 16, 10:14 pm, James Deville <james.devi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you look at the web interface after doing a reply from Witty, it says "in
> reply to", we just don't display that same text in the interface due to size
> issues.
>
> JD
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:21 PM, aeio...@gmail.com <aeio...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I don't know the best way to explain what I mean, so here we go:
>
> > Say, for example you have two users: @joe and @susie. @joe uses the
> > web interface and @susie uses Witty. @susie posts a Tweet that @joe
> > wants to respond to, so he replies uses the "Reply" link on the site.
> > His tweet will have "X time ago from web in reply to susie" anywhere
> > it pops.
>
> > @susie replies back to @joe by right clicking in Witty on the tweet
> > then "Reply," but it won't say "X time ago from Witty in reply to joe"
> > it'll just say "X time ago from Witty"
>
> > Is there a way to designate a specific click of the "Reply" action
> > from manual typing of "@username" in order to get the "in reply to
> > username" sent?
>
> > Am I making any sense?- Hide quoted text -

aei...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2009, 4:34:59 AM4/23/09
to WittyTwitter
Ah there's my problem right there. I'm running 2.1.0.540. I'll upgrade
to 2.1.2.0. :)

And I knew I had to right click > reply.