An Introduction

Don

May 12, 2009, 5:46:41 PM5/12/09
to WittyTwitter
Hello all,

My name is Don and I'm new to the group and to Witty. I have been
thinking of developing my own WPF based client for some time, but
never got around to it. I figured someone must have done it already
and found Witty.

I have used all of the popular clients (tweetdeck, twhirl, sessmic,
etc) and I have to say that Witty is very impressive. I am also a C#
developer and had a chance to poke around the source a bit.

I was hoping to contribute to some bug fixes if possible and I'm very
interested in trying my hand at a new skin.

You can follow me on Twitter at @donniefitz2

Thanks for the great work and I hope I can add to it in the future.

Keith Elder

May 14, 2009, 5:38:30 PM5/14/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Don for jumping in. Welcome.

--
Keith Elder
Microsoft MVP

Jon Galloway

May 14, 2009, 6:27:28 PM5/14/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Don -

Please jump in and start submitting patches. Let us know if you need help on getting patches submitted. Here's a pretty good overview on creating and submitting a patch: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ExampleHowToContributeAPatchToAnOpenSourceProjectLikeDasBlog.aspx

- Jon
@jongalloway

Don Fitzsimmons

May 14, 2009, 6:34:42 PM5/14/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. I'll start reading up.

Don
--
Don Fitzsimmons
(c) 480-282-1899

Jon Galloway

May 14, 2009, 6:57:56 PM5/14/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
And please check back if you have any questions or problems. Definitely not intending to brush you off with a link. You can always ping me (or other team members) on Twitter - I'm @jongalloway

- Jon

Jacob4u2

May 20, 2009, 10:28:02 PM5/20/09
to WittyTwitter
Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread and what-not but I just wanted to
introduce myself as well. I'm a C# developer like Don that is just
getting started with the WPF stuff and hoping to contribute to this
project a little bit.

A couple questions I have:

What version of nUnit are you using? Is it just the most recent
version, because I have had some problems before when different
versions use different .dll's.
Also, what is the preferred method of posting a patch file. I've read
the Hanselman post, but his post refers to SourceForge and it doesn't
look like there is a way to upload patches like on Codeplex projects
through the google code site (unless I'm totally missing something).
I assume you'll want us to post a file to the discussion group here
with a reference to the issue #, or something?

Jacob

Jon Galloway

May 20, 2009, 10:55:36 PM5/20/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
It's an old version of nUnit - 2.4.6
http://code.google.com/p/wittytwitter/source/browse/#svn/trunk/ExternalDependencies
No arguments with upgrading it, we just haven't.

We host on Google Code. The best way to submit a patch is to attach it to an issue in the Google Code project:
http://code.google.com/p/wittytwitter/issues/list

If you're fixing an issue that's in the list already, just attach to that. If not, create an issue for the feature or bug you're addressing.

Let us know if that doesn't make sense or if you have any questions - we'd love to have your submissions!

- Jon

Agito

Jul 2, 2009, 1:06:31 PM7/2/09
to WittyTwitter
HI,
I thought i should also jump in this thread to introduce myself,
after reading hanselman and girldevelopers articles i thought about
jumping on board.
i am a software engineer though basically i am a back end
developer and work mostly in C/C++, objective-c etc officially. but
have worked a bit in # also but never worked or played with WPF, so
will might need help.
Will be submitting some patch pretty soon :)

Regards
Agito <محمد عثمان اکرم>