a few things

andrew.s

Jul 31, 2009, 2:52:54 PM7/31/09
to WittyTwitter
i saw in the issues list on the code wiki, that listing following and
followers is in the works, thank you!

I'm not sure if this is a user error (quite possible) or not, but i
have the run at startup button checked and that is not running it at
start up. I've gotten by this by dropping it into my startup folder
in the meantime, but it's a fairly sluggish start.
So I was wondering if that is my fault or not?

also on the about page the link to the google code wiki does not
hotlink for me, i have chrome setup as my default browswer if that
helps.

thanks for the work so far, this already is an excellent desktop
twitter client!

andrew.s

Aug 17, 2009, 5:33:24 PM8/17/09
to WittyTwitter
Just curious if this is still being actively developed?

Jon Galloway

Aug 17, 2009, 6:24:12 PM8/17/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Yes, still being developed. You can follow the code changes here: http://code.google.com/p/wittytwitter/source/list

There's a new ClickOnce release available here: http://wittytwitter.com/install - I still need to do some work to get that to autoupdate from the old ClickOnce installs.

I believe I've applied all patches which have been submitted.

As to your earlier questions (sorry I didn't answer before):
1. Run at startup is tricky with ClickOnce apps under Vista or Windows 7. We've worked on it, but it's not consistent.
2. Not sure about that hotlink on the about page. You can submit it as a bug and we'll take a look at it. http://code.google.com/p/wittytwitter/issues/entry

- Jon

Keith Elder

Aug 18, 2009, 9:12:07 AM8/18/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com

Jon, see this status from Twitter about the click once install:

http://twitter.com/fanyang_us/status/3375107674

--

Keith Elder

Microsoft MVP

INETA Speaker

Podcast: http://deepfriedbytes.com

Blog: http://keithelder.net

Mobile: 601.467.9744

andrew.s

Aug 19, 2009, 7:16:02 PM8/19/09
to WittyTwitter
Thanks for the link to the 2.3.0 version i was it seemed a few
versions back. any particular reason that hasn't been updated to the
the witty google code page yet? i'm assuming that is where the check
for updates button within the application itself looks... and i missed
the 2.2 version altogether because of it. regardless thanks again,
i'm looking forward to letting you know about any issues that come up.