Couple thoughts on Witty interface

poetr1x

Mar 31, 2009, 8:48:44 PM3/31/09
to WittyTwitter
Hi all. I just started using Witty a few days ago and I'm really
liking it. I gave it a try based on its having all the features I
wanted and the screenshots looking like it would be smooth to use, &
am happy on both counts. A couple differences that would make me even
happier, though others' mileage may, of course, vary --

* popups are HUGE imo. I run my monitors at resolutions that make
other peoples' eyes hurt and Witty's popups still take up a lot of
real estate. Lots of whitespace in the format that could be trimmed
to make popups less obtrusive.

* on my computers, both running Vista Business Ed., clicking the X in
the corner of a popup doesn't necessarily close it -- I have to click
in the lower half of the X, or else it just focuses the Witty window.
Something isn't quite lining up there.

* clicking a URL in a tweet opens the link in my current browser
window/tab. I'd much prefer links to open in a new tab.

* very minor, but it'd be nice to be able to select colors for
regular messages vs. @ replies, or even to select colors for messages
from different people. I could make my actual friends one color, the
news-type feeds I read another, and the famous people whose Twitters I
read a third, for example. Or I could make my boring friends one
color and my more fun friends another. Heh.

* would LOVE a hotkey to activate the window, a la Trillian's ctrl
+shift+A. I'm anti-mouse. (One of the things I immediately loved
about Witty was its usability by keyboard.)

Plenty of people may like things another way. I'm not any kind of
programmer, but I think these ought to be customization features that
could be added without a significant increase in resource usage. I
think.

best, & thanks for developing this great little app,

Victoria

Keith Elder

Apr 1, 2009, 8:32:03 AM4/1/09
to wittyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for taking the time to submit that feedback.  We'll definitely take your comments and see what we can do.

--
Keith Elder
Microsoft MVP