Re: Using SMART

louis...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2011, 9:57:29 AM8/9/11
to witsforum

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am not clear with what is meant by enter a SMART Query Name, and a
SMART Query Description. Can you please advise on what exactly should
be entered?

Secondly, I am wondering whether there is a way that I can know what
are the over 100 distinct import demand elasticity values used by
default in SMART. My concern is that I am looking at the welfare
impact of Guyana (a country with a very small population in South
America) regarding its economic partnership agreement with the EU, and
would therefore like to have an idea (by a comparison with customized
import demand elasticity values of similar studies ) of the level of
bias that would be introduced into my simulation as a result of non-
customized import demand elasticity values.

Thanks.

Louis

samuel.m...@unctad.org

Aug 10, 2011, 10:29:36 AM8/10/11
to witsforum
Dear Louis,

SMART query name is just a name you give to your SMART simulation
query which you can refer to later if you wish to rerun it or modify
it and It's better to give it a meaningful description (SMART query
description) so that it can help you to remember what you did later
on.

As for the SMART Import Demand Elasticity dataset, it can be
downloaded at http://wits.worldbank.org/wits/data_details.html
under Miscellaneous at the bottom of the page.

Best Regards,

Sam

Piya majumder

Apr 19, 2023, 1:33:35 AM4/19/23
to witsforum
Hi,
Can you please share a .csv file of SMART Import Demand Elasticity (product wise). I am unable to download it from the official website