Features and Additions Roadmap

1 view

Isaac4given

Aug 2, 2005, 4:36:33 PM8/2/05
to witl
The Requirements Document will be the roadmap for features and
additions.

While people are being interviewed, and other research is taking place
to write the requirements document, this discussion group will serve
for the interim roadmap.

Also observe the remarks in the source code, marked "TODO".

Here's a basic outline:

Keep Running
Keep witl running in the background, but just until the system is
logged off or shutdown. When the system is logged off or shutdown,
cleanly and safely shutdown witl. This will replace the test loop witl
uses now, which just runs 3 times and then dies.

Skip The File
Capture and email the screenshot without writing files. See the
discussion thread 'Sending JPEGs with "Aspirin"' for more information.

Configuration
1. xml
Store the configuration in an xml file instead of requiring command
line arguments.

2. gui
Provide a user interface to edit the configuration.

NOTE: The only "configuration" that witl has right now is the
recipient's email address, and that's good- "configurations" *should*
be kept to a minimum.

Logging
Log errors using (I think we were going to use Apache Commons Logging?)
instead of writing them to the system standard error stream.

Installers
Write programs for starting witl on login for multiple platforms.

Did I forget anything?