Questions about authentication and storage

Max von Tettenborn

Apr 1, 2022, 3:00:53 AM4/1/22
to wisemapping-support
Hi,

I got two qustions:

1. I am trying to run the Wisemapping Docker container and I would like to persist data. The docs at Docker Hub seem to be missing someting. Under the section "Option 1: Running HSQL within the image storage" there is no mount option in the command. How would that option have to look like?

2. Does Wisemapping have a Proxy Auth feature? I mean a setting (e.g. via environment variable) where you can instruct the app to read the logged-in user from a given http header (which should be configurable). This is useful for hosting app behind a reverse proxy like Traefik. How would I configure it?

Thanks!

Jean-Marc Chiappa

Apr 15, 2022, 6:50:25 AM4/15/22
to wisemapping-support
Hi Max,

Regarding the option 2 for wisemapping docker : you should add a mount point : --mount type=volume,source=wisemappingdb,target=/var/lib/wisemapping/db
as wisemappingdb is a host directory (automatically created if it doesn't exist)
It works for me.

Regards
jm

Laurent Goussard

Jun 29, 2022, 7:03:02 AM6/29/22
to wisemapping-support
I also try to run wisemapping with docker behind traefik.

Here is the files I use, but even if wisemapping web ui is running, I can't do anything as  everything I try results with a
org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not prepare statement exception.

.env file:

APP_PROJECT=wisemapping
APP_DOMAIN=map.docker

docker-compose.yml:

version: '3'
services:
  wisemapping:
    image: wisemapping/wisemapping:latest
    container_name: ${APP_PROJECT}-wisemapping
    volumes:
      - ./data:/var/lib/wisemapping/db
    labels:
      - "traefik.http.routers.${APP_PROJECT}-wisemapping.rule=Host(`${APP_DOMAIN}`)"
      - "traefik.http.services.${APP_PROJECT}-wisemapping-service.loadbalancer.server.port=8080"

networks:
  default:
      name: web

I just created an issue regarding this missing volume mounting point, but maybe someone already succeeded ?

Paulo Veiga

Jun 29, 2022, 9:28:58 PM6/29/22
to wisemappi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Le!

I've just updated the docker image documentation. It was not capturing the DB mounting outside the container.

Please, let me know if you have any questions,
Paulo

WiseMapping Founder
Paulo Gustavo Veiga

Laurent Goussard

Jun 30, 2022, 10:19:15 AM6/30/22
to wisemapping-support
Awesome ! Thank you Paulo !

I did adapt a little bit for my docker-compose setup and it now works, thanks