Changing Temp Unit on Alexa Skill

jessica...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 12:28:15 PM1/18/17
to Wireless Sensor Tags
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me ?

Love the new Alexa Skill.

Can you change the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celcius in the Alexa Skill, as i am in the U.K

Thank you in advance

Zhiheng Cao

Jan 18, 2017, 8:03:38 PM1/18/17
to jessica...@gmail.com, Wireless Sensor Tags
Good suggestion. We have changed the temperature to Celsius except if
user's language setting is USA (en-US).

Advansys

Mar 1, 2017, 5:06:39 AM3/1/17
to Wireless Sensor Tags
I've now changed my language to UK too, thanks for this change. Is there a reason the Wireless Tags Alexa skill cannot read the temperature units setting instead?

i.e. in Alexa Settings: Temperature Units: Use metric measurements for temperature units.

Greg

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM,  <jessica...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, wonder if anyone can help me ?
>
> Love the new Alexa Skill.
>
> Can you change the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celcius in the Alexa
> Skill, as i am in the U.K
>
> Thank you in advance

Advansys

May 3, 2017, 5:12:23 PM5/3/17
to Wireless Sensor Tags
I had to change my Alexa Settings back to US English to access US English only Alexa Skills. Previously the Wireless Tag Skill would report in Fahrenheit only when the Echo was set to US English, regardless of the measurement units setting (F/C) in the Echo Settings. Today I checked and it is now speaking my measurements in Celsius!

Interestingly, changing the measurement units in Alexa Settings does not make any difference, so I can only assume at this point that the Alexa Skill is now reading the Wireless Tag account settings to identify which temperature units to use when reporting, which is a logical implementation.

Support, did you update the Wireless Tag (Informational) Skill?  If so, the change is very welcome, thank you!

Greg

Zhiheng Cao

May 3, 2017, 5:58:32 PM5/3/17
to Advansys, Wireless Sensor Tags
Alexa skill now follows the setting you configured in the Wireless Tag app, inside the temperature options screen.

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 21:06:39 UTC+11, Advansys wrote:
I've now changed my language to UK too, thanks for this change. Is there a reason the Wireless Tags Alexa skill cannot read the temperature units setting instead?

i.e. in Alexa Settings: Temperature Units: Use metric measurements for temperature units.

Greg

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 12:03:38 UTC+11, mytaglist.com support wrote:
Good suggestion. We have changed the temperature to Celsius except if
user's language setting is USA (en-US).

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM,  <jessica...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, wonder if anyone can help me ?
>
> Love the new Alexa Skill.
>
> Can you change the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celcius in the Alexa
> Skill, as i am in the U.K
>
> Thank you in advance

Advansys

May 3, 2017, 6:36:35 PM5/3/17