WireIt Scaling (hundreds of wires)

sykobee

Jun 13, 2012, 6:30:10 AM6/13/12
to wir...@googlegroups.com
We are using WireIt for a project, and we have found it to be very capable to date.

However because each wire is a separate Canvas, performance is suffering for larger diagrams.

Is there a way to specify a single, larger Canvas (we have one in the background with a grid on it which would be suitable, or we could create a new one in the foreground) that *all* of the wires are rendered onto, instead of creating new canvases that are being alpha-composited by the web browser?

(I know that this would not be ideal for users who wish to layer things, but I'm sure a lot of users just want non-layered graphs)

Thanks for any advice or wisdom! I'll be looking through the 0.5 source to see if there's something I can hack up, but if someone has done it already, or there's a setting I'm missing, it would be great to know.

Graham

mc007

Jun 29, 2012, 6:15:05 PM6/29/12
to wir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I worked over a decade with this sort of software and we did cope with this of problem by grouping "behaviour graphs" into single blocks. Unfortunatly, it will take quite some time that we can provide this for WireIt. Right now, I am not even sure that would be an easy task to do so.

The container block however can be empty and you must be able to define new outer ins/outs. When double clicking it, it should expand and you can see the inner wirings.

Ideall, you multi select a bunch of blocks and group when via action or keyboad key.

I would be happy if someone could join this "idea". I reserve quite some time for this task and could need some help too!

Thanks,