recovery internals in MongoDB

Gayatri Kapadia

Jan 28, 2024, 12:06:53 PMJan 28
to wiredtiger-users
can anyone share the link/contents of recovery internals in MongoDB?

Thanks in advance.

Clarisse Cheah

Jan 29, 2024, 7:16:36 PMJan 29
to wiredtig...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gayatri,

This list is specifically for WiredTiger, a component of MongoDB. Just to confirm, were you after information on recovery internals in MongoDB, or WiredTiger? If you are after MongoDB information, you will need to locate a MongoDB-specific resource.

Regards,
Clarisse

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 4:06 AM Gayatri Kapadia <gayatri...@gmail.com> wrote:
can anyone share the link/contents of recovery internals in MongoDB?

Thanks in advance.

Gayatri Kapadia

Jan 30, 2024, 12:53:28 AMJan 30
to wiredtig...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  Clarisse for your response.

Yes, I want to learn and study in detail about recovery internals in WiredTiger as well. Please share links or contents, if possible.

Regards,
Gayatri

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "wiredtiger-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wiredtiger-users/CAJ5mVR6tDbBEzjW9V6%3D4TX8ZgrQFLLBt5bWQ3%3Dm%2BJxg8RTd7QA%40mail.gmail.com.

Clarisse Cheah

Jan 31, 2024, 5:38:18 PMJan 31
to wiredtig...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gayatri,

Here is a link to a page that details our startup recovery process. It gives an overview of both WiredTiger recovery concepts (such as reconciliation and rollback-to-stable) and where this fits into MongoDB’s overall recovery flow (e.g. replaying the oplog and replication).Most of these are intricate components of their own, and you should be able to find more details to further your understanding via the hyperlinks on the page. I’ll also include the link to WiredTiger’s architecture guide which can help you through the finer details of modules such as rollback-to-stable. Thanks for your interest, hope this helps!

Regards,
Clarisse

Gayatri Kapadia

Feb 1, 2024, 1:35:33 AMFeb 1
to wiredtig...@googlegroups.com

Dear Clarisse,

Thanks a lot for sharing the links. Yes, I too hope that it would help me to understand the recovery internals.

Regards,
Gayatri