After going thru mongodb docs, I can't quite understand how WT works with mongodb.
I'm just trying to get a high level overview.
The takeovers for me were:
- every write op in the db adds up to a snapshot which is held in ram memory
* if journal is enabled snapshot is "logged" every 1ms
* journal can refine the recover from a last checkpoint
- the snapshot is written to disk every minute and now data is durable
* this produces a checkpoint useful on recovering
Is this more or less the situation?
Any other resource will be welcome, I can't get more from mongo docs this time.