New Behaviours / Maven releases

stevemac

Sep 16, 2010, 10:20:12 PM9/16/10
to wiquery-plugins
Guys,

I have a few new behaviours for some jQuery plugins that we have
wrapped for work that I will try and contribute to the project.

I also aim to try and get the continuous build of the project working
again, and get some maven artifacts deployed.

Cheers,
Steve

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Sep 17, 2010, 2:09:06 AM9/17/10
to wiquery...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Thanks for your support! You already have commit access. So, please
fill free to start contributing:-)

In a previous e-mail I just explained what I was planning for the future is:

-have a 1.0.2 release branch for wiquery 1.0.2 compatibility
-have a 1.0.x for bugfixes and schedule it be released when wiquery
1.0.x is released.
-have trunk relaying on wiquery 1.1.experiment (that in the feature
will be wiquery trunk)

Some of these things where discussed yesterday on a meeting we had
with other wiquery developers.

Right now project is structured as:

-antila-grid
-jqgrid
-other-plugins

Maybe your contributions fit into other-plugins? If you have other
ideas about how to organize contents please let me know. My idea is to
have wiquery-plugins in synchrony with wiquery. So, that is easier for
user to choose versions and so on.

As for CI: it would be very nice if we can get snapshots constructed
and deployed into google code: say we create a maven repo on google
code project and get snapshot published there?

Cheers,

Ernesto

Steve Mactaggart

Sep 17, 2010, 3:33:11 AM9/17/10
to wiquery...@googlegroups.com
I've added in the start of a new Behaviour, the BlockUI plugin.

I'm happy with the structure the way it is, and you are right I will most probably be adding to other-plugins.

We have wrapped a fair few jQuery endpoints here, and I'd rather contribute them back to the community than hang onto them internally, but for me to be able to replace our internal ones I need to get a stable maven release available to tie my build too.

Thats my problem with using the 1.0.2 wiquery.  It doesn't exist in a public repo, and so makes it hard to release a wiquery-plugins against it.

My CI has crashed every build since the 1.0.2 due to there being no 1.0.2 public, and I feel anyone wanting to use this project would get turned away due to its depencancy on that.

Do you know the timeframe for the 1.0.2 release?

Cheers,
Steve

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Sep 17, 2010, 4:12:26 AM9/17/10
to wiquery...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

We had a meeting yesterday and wiQuery 1.0.2 will be released next
week: there was a blocking issues and people from jQeekend has a fix
for it. I think they will apply the fix today and we will test it and
if no problems are further problems are found they will release it.
So, probably next week we will have a release 1.0.2. I think I cannot
revert right now to 1.0.1 (some of the components are using features
only present on 1.0.2). One thing we could do is have 1.0.2 "release"
on wiquery-plugis google code project and point the poms to there. ?

Right now I'm at work and I can't do those changes till I'm back
home... For the time been if you submit your code as patches, or just
submit them directly to svn, I would try to help integrating them.
Once, we have a release "1.0.2" you could adapt your code to use
versions on wiquery-plugins.

I'm sorry about things not been perfect but so far it was only me
contributing to the project and I have very "limited resources".

Cheers,

Ernesto

Steve Mactaggart

Sep 20, 2010, 5:58:41 AM9/20/10
to wiquery...@googlegroups.com
Your contributions have been great, and I thank you for even starting this project.

Seeing as 1.0.2 is so close I will just wait till its released and then look at getting the CI builds working again.

Once we have that all in place I'll work on getting snapshot builds pushed back into the svn server to act as a maven repo and then we can discuss cutting a true release of the plugins project.

Steve

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Sep 20, 2010, 6:12:55 AM9/20/10
to wiquery...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

WiQuery 1.0.2 has already been released. I have fixed the pom so that
CI trunk builds are already working (at least I got an e-mail from
your hudson telling me they were back to normal). Maybe we should
create soon a 1.0.2 tag and have our first "release". Right now I'm
working on integrating the superfish Menu and there are a couple of
pending "blocker" issues and after that is fixed maybe we could push
out wiquery-plugins-1.0.2. Do you have a listing of the plugins you
will like to contribute?

I would like also add small examples showing how to use the things
you have added (and publish them at the google app engine demo).

Cheers,

Ernesto

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Steve Mactaggart