How to remove the Python Version from WinPython pathes?

name generic

Sep 6, 2021, 11:55:08 AM9/6/21
to WinPython

Hello,

first of all, cheers to all WinPython engineers and contributers, lovely software :).
I setup a WinPython distribution for my team and everyone loves it. Yet they would like to get every new release asap.
To keep track of the installed modules, everything is under version control.
Unfortunately, i have to delete the old distribution and add a new distribution with every python version update.
Could i just remove the python version name from some WinPython folders and make it a rolling release?

stonebig

Sep 7, 2021, 2:04:41 PM9/7/21
to WinPython

Do you mean this ?
- renaming "\python-3.8.10.amd64" directory (for example) as " \python_forever"
- editing \scripts\env.bat and replace one line:
    set WINPYDIR=%WINPYDIRBASE%\python_forever