using vscode with winpython

LucK

Aug 11, 2020, 3:19:12 AM8/11/20
to WinPython
I've been experimenting with vscode and WinPython.
I've come accross this issue which I raised for the Python extension for Visual Studio code.

As far as I can see there is nothing specific for WinPython to take into account.
I have installed vscode separately and can start it with the vscode.exe in the WinPython distribution.
Are there any other settings to take into account on the WinPython side?

stonebig

Aug 15, 2020, 10:53:41 AM8/15/20
to WinPython
There shall be nothing special, but python-vscode has a lot of moving internal part around Notebook better integration.
I would suspect the option, just doesn't work anymore at the moment.

 (tested on today WinPython-3.8.5.0rc / vscode-1.48.0 / python-vscode-2020-8-101144, same result)

LucK

Aug 17, 2020, 8:49:40 AM8/17/20
to WinPython
I've posted a new comment on github in the same issue. It seems to me there is also a problem with maintaining the execution order in vscode. Maybe they are related problems. We'll have to wait on further comments.

stonebig

Aug 18, 2020, 2:34:29 PM8/18/20
to WinPython
Apparently, your bug has been confirmed and corrected.. https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-python/pull/13482