Installing Graphviz in winpython (or not)?

LucK

Nov 16, 2020, 4:58:00 AM11/16/20
to WinPython
Has anyone had any success to install Graphviz  like mentioned in this older post?
I'm trying out the sphinx extension to include graphs with Graphviz and want to add it only to the winpython directory.

stonebig

Nov 22, 2020, 9:12:17 AM11/22/20
to WinPython
maybe try this

[debug]
state = disabled
[environment]
#HOME = %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents\WinPython%WINPYVER%
#USERPROFILE = %HOME%
PATH = %WINPYDIR%\tools\Graphviz\bin;%PATH%
#JUPYTER_DATA_DIR = %HOME%
#JUPYTERLAB_SETTINGS_DIR = %HOME%\.jupyter\lab
#JUPYTERLAB_WORKSPACES_DIR = %HOME%\.jupyter\lab\workspaces
#WINPYWORKDIR = %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Documents\WinPython%WINPYVER%\Notebooks

stonebig

Nov 22, 2020, 9:18:03 AM11/22/20
to WinPython
On this sort of issues, the best source of suggestions is very often stackoverflow.

LucK

Nov 23, 2020, 5:57:35 AM11/23/20
to WinPython
Hi,
I'll give it a try and post a reaction if all went well.
PS. I came accross that item on stackoverflow but the example that was given seemed to be for an installation outside winpython, but if I understand you correctly the same goes with just installing graphviz in the bin folder of a winpython installation directory.
Thanks,
Luc

LucK

Jan 17, 2021, 2:53:28 PM1/17/21
to WinPython
Finally i've tested your proposal out:

1) I've installed 'Graphviz' in the winpython folder in subfolder "t\Graphviz", but the winpython.ini should be set with

     PATH = %WINPYDIRBASE%\t\Graphviz\bin;%PATH%
2) install the python package Graphviz: https://pypi.org/project/graphviz/

You still will face a problem when trying to execute the hello world example:

from graphviz import Digraph
g = Digraph('G', filename='hello.gv')
g.edge('Hello', 'World')
g.view()

To resolve this I've found in the following : https://forum.graphviz.org/t/new-simplified-installation-procedure-on-windows/224 that there is an extra step

3) start the winpython and execute "dot - c"

After this graphviz will work in winpython.