How to successfully use input-driven capture on Windows 64-bit.

RibShark

Nov 27, 2011, 3:01:13 AM11/27/11
to wink-discuss
I noticed that a number of users (including myself) were having
trouble using Input-Driven Capture on x64 Windows. I tried for a long
time to solve this issue, and now, finally, I have done it!:

1: Uninstall Wink.
2: From one of the mirrors, download the installer for Wink 2.0.
3: Follow the installation as usual, until it asks you where to
install Wink.
4: Inside the box, it will say "C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugmode
\Wink". Change that to "C:\Program Files\Debugmode\Wink".
5: Finish the installation as normal.
6: Run Wink, it should now use input-driven capture correctly.

MDUser

Nov 27, 2011, 9:20:05 PM11/27/11
to wink-discuss
Thanks for posting this, and for updating my old post to let me know.
I'll give it a try.

RibShark

Nov 28, 2011, 12:49:33 PM11/28/11
to wink-discuss
Did it work?

Alexander Fischer

Dec 11, 2012, 11:44:48 AM12/11/12
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
For me on
Win7 64bit and Autodesk Inventor 64bit

it diddn't work: :(

Catherine B.

Mar 18, 2015, 12:12:41 PM3/18/15
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I had the same poroblem. The solution given by RibShark works but it is necessary to do another thing afterwards. You have to launch the program directly in the folder and NOT with the Windows button in this way:

- Rght click on wink.exe
- Solve compatibility problems
- Execute in XP mode
and then it's work.

You have to do that only once. Then you can launch it from the Windows button.

I hope it will help somebody. Anyway Thanks RibShark!!!

mka...@web.de

Aug 21, 2015, 6:30:20 AM8/21/15
to wink-discuss
 Unfortunately, this does not solve the issue for me under win7 64.

In input driven mode, snapshots are not triggered by activity on the desktop or windows-explorer windows. However, for interacting with applications, it works.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Siniša Pavlović

May 11, 2016, 3:23:29 PM5/11/16
to wink-discuss

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:12:41 PM UTC+1, Catherine B. wrote:
Hi everybody,

I had the same poroblem. The solution given by RibShark works but it is necessary to do another thing afterwards. You have to launch the program directly in the folder and NOT with the Windows button in this way:

- Rght click on wink.exe
- Solve compatibility problems
- Execute in XP mode
and then it's work.

You have to do that only once. Then you can launch it from the Windows button.

I hope it will help somebody. Anyway Thanks RibShark!!!

So I've just pretty successfully used  Wink under Windows 10 x64 with input-driven capture. Works perfectly if I may say. The only difference being (I've implemented advice from the opening post) that I've set compatibility level to Windows Vista Service Pack 2. Wink picked up everything, not only typing and mouse clicks, but also opening up of dialogue boxes. :-)

Ayabo

Aug 22, 2017, 11:35:05 AM8/22/17
to wink-discuss
Sorry to trouble you all, but actually I can't get any input-driven functionality to work... Followed advice to put in "Program Files", attempted several sorts of compatibility settings, ran as Administrator as well as launched directly the EXE from file explorer. I'm using the official version 2.0 from debugmode download page. Do you guys really operate input-driven? Can you detail again your setup - maybe I missed something?