Wink 3.0 for Linux

svatas

Sep 29, 2020, 2:52:49 AM9/29/20
to wink-discuss
Dear Satish,

as Wink is now final and I am missing Linux version which was available for older Wink. Do you have any plans to provide also Linux version?

Svatopluk Vit

Satish

Sep 29, 2020, 10:38:17 AM9/29/20
to wink-discuss
I haven't thought about it yet. Is the Linux version popular enough to spend the time and update it?

Don Abbott

Sep 29, 2020, 12:11:23 PM9/29/20
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
Satish,

There isn't anything like this for Linux that I have found and I have been looking for quite a while. I don't know how popular it would be but it wouldn't have any competition within the Linux software repositories.

Don

Svatopluk Vít

Sep 29, 2020, 12:33:53 PM9/29/20
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satish,

as I know - this application is unique by its functionality and I know many users using it from Linux. I also know some people who did not used it as it was supporting just Flash. Now with HTML5 it changed.

It could became a quite popular application under Linux there are now real alternatives- A lot of them can record a video but no application can create interactive video as Wink does.

Please think about Linux version. I can be a tester as I am using Linux on regular basis for last 15 years.

Svatopluk

út 29. 9. 2020 v 16:38 odesílatel Satish <satish....@gmail.com> napsal:

Satish

Nov 23, 2020, 9:16:40 PM11/23/20
to wink-discuss
Hi both,

Just wanted to inform y'all that I've started working on the Linux version of Wink 3.0 today (targeting Ubuntu first). It may take a few weeks to get something resaonable to try out. I'll post in this group asking for volunteers to test it out when ready.

Cheers
Satish

gil...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2020, 3:56:51 PM11/24/20